Welcome to Pt. Deen Dayal Govt. Degree College
The Government Degree College situated in Saidpur Tehseel of Ghazipur district, named after the eminent educationalist and famous political leader, Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya, was formally established by Government of Uttar Pradesh Vide Letter No. 4728/15-11/18-12(7)/83, dated 02/08/1988. The college is affiliated to Veer Bahadur Singh Poorvanchal University, Jaunpur, (U.P.) and is governed by the policies of Higher Education Department of Uttar Pradesh. The college is affiliated to the UGC under section 2f & 12 (B) of the UGC Act-1956. Initially the college got temporary affiliation in six subjects; viz. Hindi, Sanskrit, English, Sociology, Political science and Economics. These subjects got permanent affiliation in August 1993. Presently Geography is also being taught at UG level in the college. Since 1997 temporary affiliation has been provided in History, Psychology and Home Science (Letter No. 4697-15-1796-14(18)/93, dated 27/01/1997). However, teaching in these subjects will start only after the creation of regular posts. Science Faculty with four Departments Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology is running successfully since 2005-06. ..
Vision and Mission
The Pt.DDU Government Degree College stands to:
- Provide a sound education in basic science and humanities.
- Inculcate high values through liberal education.
- Promote research and learning at the PG level and beyond.
- Transform society through the empowerment of women
- Provide inexpensive educational services to the weaker sections of the society and reinvent
- itself in response to the changing demands of society